2014/09/03

Royal Blood self-titled album

I’ve never thought that my biggest regret of passing summer would be waiting for Jack White concert in order to have better point of view. And it’s not because gig was bad or not worthy enough but in the meantime I could have seen Royal Blood performing. Now when I’m listening to their self-titled album I just wonder how it would feel being a part of crowd, which torn apart wooden floor of the tent, where Brighton’s duo concert took place.

To comfort myself I can still turn on the album which is pretty damn good. It’s surprising what Mike Karr and Ben Thatcher accomplished with set of bass guitar and drums. After hearing other duo bands like The White Stripes and The Black Keys, Royal Blood still has some fresh sound to offer and the most characteristic feature of their music is how much noise they can produce with only two of them.

What I can point out are Mike Karr’s vocals, which turn out to be more interesting every time you listen to the record even though his scale isn’t large. On ‘Blood Hand’ you have impression you hear Jack White singing or on ‘Better Strangers’ like it was new Alice in Chains song (new AiC of course) but then after suddenly it evolves you realise it’s Royal Blood rocking and it workes on me.

As for debut album Royal Blood gather a lot of attention and while I’m writing this, they are on top of the list of fastest selling albums for second week in the row. We could hear about them for the first time only a year ago, when during Glastonbury Festival 2013 Arctic Monkeys drummer Matt Helders wore t-shirt with their logo. I can’t wait what future will bring to Royal Blood and more importantly to rock ‘n’ roll, because bands achievement makes it look rather optimistic.


You can get to know Royal Blood by checking out ‘Figure It Out’ video below:

Brak komentarzy :

Prześlij komentarz